A PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL K-8
BIS Teacher Qualities
- Caring and supportive of every child, believing in every child’s capabilities
- Respect for all children and their differences (backgrounds, learning styles, etc.)
- Energetic and excited about teaching- has fun with students, and makes it enjoyable for all
- Team player- enjoys collaborating with colleagues
- Understands and believes in the importance of international education- knows how to build global competence into every subject and unit
- Experience with integrated/interdisciplinary teaching and project-based learning model
- Knows how to make learning meaningful
- Values real-world learning; and making real-world connections every day
- Creates a student-centered learning environment
- Sets an example for students with personal communication, lifestyle and work habits- demonstrates and inspires wellness
- Excellent communication skills with students, teachers, and parents (responds to all parent concerns within one day)
- Values parent-community involvement and welcomes involvement in the classroom
- Considers the whole child in looking for solutions
- Reflective- always strives to improve their teaching practice
- Basically a Super–Teacher! Willing to go the extra mile to help every child succeed.
BIS Teacher Skills
- Licensed/ qualified teacher
- Knowledge/experience with international education
- Experienced in interdisciplinary teaching using project-based learning
- Cross-Cultural skills a must/Bilingual Skills a plus
- Organized- classroom, lesson plans, time-management skills
- Motivated and motivating- excited to do the job and gets everyone else excited to join in.
- Experience, knowledge, and belief in student-centered classrooms- SEL education, Tribes Curriculum, classroom community , and agenda problem solving.
- Demonstrates and teaches the 4 C’s of 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creativity.
- Thinks outside the Box and encourages students to do the same!